Providence Point still the largest development ever proposed in Annapolis and rivals the Towne Centre:
- 383 apartments and cottage homes for seniors, plus 48 assisted living units
- Development plan does not include any intersection or other traffic improvements
- Above and below ground parking for at least 500 and a new road
- One of 24 developments pending or under construction adding 1,100 new homes along the already-clogged Forest Drive corridor
The development at Crystal Spring would:
- Destroy 38.8 acres of the last remaining block of mature forest in the city and replant less than 16 acres.
- Pollute Crab Creek and the South River with contaminated stormwater runoff.
- Threaten 220 species of birds and other animals, driving some from their natural habitat.
Subdivision Plan shows more development planned in addition to Providence Point:
- Subdivision plan includes future development that would strip 13.3 acres of forest
- Current zoning permits up to 147 non-age restricted housing units, which would further overcrowd our roads and schools
- Piecemeal approach means net impacts would be even greater than what was originally proposed